Gelid Silent Spirit CPU Cooler for Intel Socket 775
Intel Socket 775
All Pentium D/ Pentium 4, All Celeron D, All Pentium Dual-Core/ Extreme,All Core 2 Extreme/ Core 2Quad/ Core 2 Duo
AMD Socket 754/ 939/ 940/ AM2/ AM2+/ AM3:
All Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64, All Athlon 64 FX, Opteron, Sempron, Phenom up to 9850BE, Phenom II
Design Concept of Silent Spirit:
a) Fan Structural Design
The top-flow cooler “Silent Spirit” follows an open frame structure concept whereby both design and dimensions have been improved to eliminate humming and buzzing noises while maintaining a compact overall size. The 92mm fan has been chosen for silent operation and high airflow and comes with an intelligent PWM control to allow users to set the fan speed in their BIOS accordingly. In addition the anti-vibration fan mounts are made of high quality rubber thus guaranteeing a long life span even during high temperatures.
By precise calculations and proven by prototype tests during the development stage, GELID's product developers concluded that
1. the optimal distance between the upper holding rib and the Silent Spirit fan blade is around 5 to 5.5 mm to achieve minimum turbulent flow caused by the upper support rib at minimum height.
2. the optimal distance between the side support rib and the outer diameter of the Silent Spirit fan blade is around 9 mm to achieve lowest turbulent flow caused by the side support rib.
3. the location of two cable guards must be especially designed to protect the fan impeller wedge by cables and provide max space for incoming air with minimum resistance from the fan holder structure.
4. thanks to the GELID intelligent PWM control
technology it is possible to keep silent operation at low CPU
temperature and to accelerate the fan speed when the CPU
temperature becomes higher.
Anti-Vibration Rubber Fan Mounts
b) Heatsink Structural Design
The cooler fan is installed on the heatsink at
an optimal position and angle to maximize the utilization of
cooling air to cool the heatsink.
Caption: Optimal Position & Angle of Cooler Fans on Heatsink
The design of heatsink body contains two major
elements a) unique fin architecture and b) heatsink orientation
Unique Heatsink Angle to cool the Components around the CPU
3. Four high performance heatpipes soldered on the copper base at full round shape, which can ensure heat generated by single core, dual cores or quad cores CPUs can evenly distribute to 4 heatpipes.
4 Sintered High Performance Heatpipes
4. The nickel plated aluminum heatsink connected with the heatpipe and copper base by soldering to ensure heat transfer area of heatpipe can be fully utilized and also prevent heat accumulation problem at low fan speed like traditional tower heatsinks.
Nickel Plated Aluminum Heatsink
|*INCLUDED:||Pre-applied GC-1 high performance thermal compound|
|Air Flow (CFM):||45.8 max|
|Bearing:||Hydro Dynamic Bearing|
|Cable Length (mm):||250|
|Cooling Performance (C/W):||0.17|
|Dimensions of Cooler (mm):||108 (l) x 100.5 (w) x 125 (h)|
|Dimensions of Fan (mm):||100.5 (l) x 100.5 (w) x 45 (h)|
|Dimensions of Heatsink (mm):||108 (l) x 97 (w) x 88.5 (h)|
|Fan Speed (RPM):||900 - 2400|
|Life time MTTF at 40C (h):||50'000|
|Noise Level (dBA):||10 - 25.8|