This kit includes all you'd need to setup a remote controlled system for your 12v or 5v devices. This would be perfect for fans, lights, controllers, receivers, and more! Our internally designed switch uses a standard infrared remote to turn whatever is plugged into it on/off. Dual USB connectors are included with this kit so you can easily control your USB devices with our remote. Our included remote control will also work with any programmable unit, such as the Logitech Harmony series.
What power supply do I need?
Connecting to 12v Devices: You must use the combination 12v/5v power supply (included).
Connecting to 5v Devices (including USB): You may use either the combination 12v/5v power supply (included) or a 5v power supply.
Connecting to a Computer: You won't need the power supply. Connect it directly into your computer's power supply.
(1) Controller Box: 75 x 44 x 25mm / Cutout: 68mm x 38mm
(1) IR Remote: 86 x 40 x 6.5mm
(1) Mini 4pin to 4pin molex adapter: To connect 4 Pin molex 12 or 5v powered device
(1) External IR Sensor 36"/930mm in length: Use this cable to extend the reach of the IR sensor separate from the control box
(1) Coolerguys 4 pin Molex to Dual USB 5V Power Connecter
(1) Mounting Bracket for CG Programmable, IR, Pre-set (Rev. 4) and Variable (Rev 2) Controllers
(1) 2A Power Adapter (see below for specifications)
(1) 4pin female molex port, 12v, ground, ground, 5v to power the device
(1) 4pin male connector, 12v, ground, ground, 5v output
(4) 3pin male connectors, 12v & ground output only, 3rd pin inactive
(1) 3pin External IR Sensor port
(1) Internal IR sensor
(1) 3mm Dual Red/Green LED, when it's receiving a 5v signal and in the "off" state it will light up red, when you switch it to "on" it will turn green
Infrared Controlled on/off Switch
All ports on back are controlled, one 4 pin molex (using included adapter) and 4 3pin connectors are located on the back of the unit. It's the same size as our thermal controllers and will fit into the same brackets and assemblies.
There is one IR sensor on the front of the unit if it's mounted up front where the controller can reach it as well as an external extendable probe if you just want to hide the unit and place the sensor in a different location. The external IR sensor also uses a standard 3-pin connector so it can be extended using 3pin extension cables.
2A Power Adapter
This unit works with 100-240v AC power so it will work worldwide, you just have to adapt the plug to what your region uses.
Standard 4 Pin Molex Connector.
Expandable - Can power 5+ low speed fans (up to 2A)
Specially Manufactured for Coolerguys.com
4 pin Molex Adapter with 40" Power Lead
5 ft - 2 prong - 110V Power Cord
Input: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 1.5A
Output: 12V +- 2A / 5V+- 2A
Brick Dimensions: 114 x 47 x 32 mm
Cord Lenght: AC cord to brick 5ft, 4pin molex cord from brick 42"
UL - Listed
We trust in our products at Coolerguys and test everything that is sent out! We happily extend a three-year replacement warranty to all our Coolerguys branded products.