Coolerguys IR On/Off Remote Control Switch (12v / 5v)
Designed to work with any 12v or 5v device which includes most fans, lights, and controllers
This remote controlled switch uses a standard infrared remote to turn whatever is plugged into it on/off.
All ports on the back are controlled, one 4 pin Molex (using an included adapter) and 4 3pin connectors are located on the back of the unit.
We include a small remote control but it will work with any programmable unit such as the Logitech Harmony series
It's the same size as our thermal controllers and will fit into the same brackets and assemblies
There is one IR sensor on the front of the unit if it's mounted up front where the controller can reach it as well as an external extendable probe if you just want to hide the unit and place the sensor in a different location.
The external IR sensor also uses a standard 3pin connector so it can be extended using 3pin extension cables
If you are using this outside of a computer you must use a power supply that has a 5v line to function, if using a 5v only power source it will only work with 5v devices (4pin Molex or USB using a Molex to USB adapter), if you want to control 12v devices you need a combination 12v/5v power supply, all of the non-lite/USB complete kits we sell have a 12/5v power supply
(1) Controller Box: 75 x 44 x 25mm / Cutout: 68mm x 38mm
(1) IR Remote: 86 x 40 x 6.5mm
(1) Mini 4pin to 4pin molex adapter: To connect 4 Pin molex 12 or 5v powered device
(1) External IR Sensor 36"/930mm in length: Use this cable to extend the reach of the IR sensor separate from the control box
(1) 4pin female Molex port, 12v, ground, ground, 5v to power the device
(1) 4pin male connector, 12v, ground, ground, 5v output
(4) 3pin male connectors, 12v & ground output only, 3rd pin inactive
(1) 3pin External IR Sensor port
(1) Internal IR sensor
(1) 3mm Dual Red/Green LED when it's receiving a 5v signal and in the "off" state it will light up red when you switch it to "on" it will turn green
USB to/from 4pin Molex adapter to adapt input and output to USB
We trust in our products at Coolerguys and test everything that is sent out! We happily extend a three-year replacement warranty to all our Coolerguys branded products.