Acousti Fan Mounts Ultra-Soft / pack of (8) AFM02B
Help to eliminate every last dB of PC noise by reducing the noise generated by fan vibrations!
Effective Fan Noise Reduction- truly 'ultra-soft', these mounts effectively decouple and absorb unwanted fan vibrations
Universal Design- designed to fit the vast majority of fans and PC cases (unlike other mounts available!)
Quick & Easy to fit- no case modifications required!
Generous Quantities- enough in a Retail Pack for two fans.
Why are Fan Mounts Necessary?
- Vibration from fan motors can travel into a PC case and become amplified when a fan is screwed tightly to the chassis. This unwanted noise is 'vibrational' or 'secondary', and it is an issue if you wish to build a very quiet or virtually silent PC.
- These mounts have been designed & uniquely produced by Acousti Products 'from the drawing-board' specifically to tackle fan-induced vibrational noise! Ultra-Soft Fan Mounts are a 'no-vibration' alternative to standard fan screws or hard plastic push pins.
- To prevent the transmission of vibrations from a motor (such as a fan motor), the vibrating part needs to be decoupled (or disengaged) from the chassis or case, and the vibrations need to be damped (that is, attenuated). We have selected a ultra-soft silicone polymer that effectively decouples the fan from the case, and also attenuates unwanted vibration.
- The 3-dimensional shape of a fan mount is intimately related to the mount material. A fan mount must be soft enough to be effective but also designed to securely hold a fan in position. Acousti Products have designed both the shape and materials together to give a widely compatible fan mount that is also the very softest and most effective available!
Why are these Mounts any better than Others?
- We have chosen an ultra-soft silicone polymer because it is softer and more chemically stable than cheaper and inferior alternatives like rubber or EPDM. Cheaper alternatives can leach oils and tend to degrade more readily over time - they also tend to be more reactive with some plastics (wires etc.) than silicone. Silicone is non-toxic, more chemically stable, and can also tolerate higher temperatures - so it is a superior material for this particular use.
Designed to fit Flange Type fans Range of Fan Mounting Holes
: 4.0 - 5.25mm diameterRange of Case Mounting Holes:
AFM02B: 4.0 - 5.5mm diameter,
Suitable for fans up to 120x120x38mm (max. weight 300g)Length:
AFM02B - 26mmLargest Diameter:
Ultra-Soft Silicone Dampening PolymerToxicity
: Non-toxicNormal Operating Temperature Range:
(-)20°C to (+)70°C Safety Approval: