Easily program a PWM fan with just a standard 12v power source with this very small module (1.6" x 0.75")! This will allow you to pinpoint the speed of your fan from it's minimum to maximum setting and have it ramp up as your enclosure becomes hotter. This is perfect for an audio visual, home entertainment, or other enclosure where keeping noise to an absolute minimum is vital. 4.25" stripped input lead cables connect into this PCB with included 3.5" thermostat--please note that this does not work with our other thermocouple cables.
1. Connect your red to + and black to - 12v power source.
2. Connect a standard wiring PWM fan to ensure that fan is working.
3. BEFORE CONNECTING DETACHABLE THERMOSTAT CABLE: press the small button once to enter programming mode then within a couple seconds and you should see the indicator light '2' flashing.
4. Double click the button to adjust down the fan baseline speed and single click the button to adjust it up. You will see the indicator light '1' flash if it successfully goes down and '3' if it successfully goes up. This adjusts the speed by 5%. Continue to adjust to desired speed. This will set the minimum speed that the fan will use at room temperature and ramp up from once it hits 86 degrees F (30 degrees C).
5. Wait 20 seconds to auto-save: the indicator lights will stop flashing.
6. Plug in thermocouple probe to activate thermal controlled mode.
7. Leave the thermocouple probe off if you want to continue manually control the speed of the fans by clicking/double clicking the button.